Sunday 3 March 2013

Unashamed. Unabandoned. Undignified.


And I will bring praise
I will bring praise
No weapon formed against me shall remain

I will rejoice
I will declare
God is my victory and He is here

All of my life
You are still God 
I have a reason to sing
I have a reason to worship

----

Today I was reminded of what my worship to the almighty king should be like. I worship the one who created me and knew me even before I was born, the same one who has plans for me that are far more than anything I can imagine, and the same one, out of love and mercy and grace, gave up His perfect son for me. Why should I not put everything on the line when I sing of how great He is? Why should I worry about what the person next to me thinks when I lift my hands? Why should I not give all that I am to Him who deserves far more than anything I could ever give?

Unashamed. Unabandoned. Undignified. That's what my worship should be.

"Every day I will bless You, and I will praise Your name forever and forever" <Psalm 145:2>




No comments:

Post a Comment